What are the benefits of applying the melt pump
The main function of the melt pump is to pressurized and stabilize the high temperature plastic melt from the extruder, and then the flow is sent steadily to the extruder head. Its ability to stabilize the melt pressure and flow rate is better than all kinds of extruders. When it is used in tandem with a co rotating twin screw extruder, the benefit of the whole production line can be significantly increased. The main content of our research and development is to understand the benefits of the melt pump.
(1) high accuracy: it can achieve stable extrusion, improve the dimensional accuracy of extruded products, and reduce the reject rate. In the extrusion process, it is difficult to avoid the phenomenon of uneven feeding quantity, fluctuation of the temperature of the barrel and head, and the pulsation of screw speed. The use of the melt gear pump can eliminate the feeding error of the feeding system, which can greatly weaken the fluctuation of the upstream process transfer, quickly enter the stable working state, improve the precision of the extrusion product size and reduce the waste product rate.
(2) low energy consumption: the co rotating twin screw extruder and the melt pump are combined into a mixed extrusion granulation production line. The mixing quality and output are greatly improved than the single twin screw granulator.
(3) provincial technology: in the original is the single screw or the same direction twin screw extruder to add melt pump and tube, plate, membrane and other extrusion head, can save the granulation process directly extruded products. This system is very suitable for extruded products where materials need to be modified by blending. In addition to these second advantages, the melt pump system also realizes energy saving by simplifying the production process of extruded products and shortening the production cycle.
(4) long life: the pressure in the cylinder of the extruder after the use of the melt pump is reduced, the wear between the screw and the screw can be greatly reduced, the load of the thrust bearing of the gear box is reduced and the life of the extruder is prolonged. The problem of extruding in the production process that needs exhaust can also be solved easily.
(5) easy to detect: it has linear extrusion characteristics, facilitating the coordination of upstream and downstream equipment. Because the leakage flow of the gear pump is less, the transport capacity of the pump is basically linear with the speed of the pump. After the gear pump speed changes, the flow rate can be exactly known, because it can determine the speed of the synchronization of the upper and lower equipment and the gear pump, and use the information of pressure and temperature collected at the inlet of the gear pump, the outlet, and so on. The whole process of extrusion is monitored and feedback on-line.